Sunday, October 17, 2010

Happiness

 So for those of you who don't know me, I'm Maeve. For the last two years, I have liked one person.A few nights ago, this person asked me out. As you may imagine, I was super happy. Seeing how this is the first guy to ask me out face to face, it made it that much more special. Of course, this event happened on a Friday, so I won't be seeing him until tomorrow. But the way it happened just made me laugh. It all started with my friend going to talk to him about asking me out. This friend, being a guy, does not understand girl-talk, therefore took my shoulder shrug answer to the question of talking to this crush as a yes. To those of you who are guys, that does not mean yes. So Friend goes to talk to former crush/current boyfriend. Then Friend shows up pushing, at that point, my crush. Friend says, "Ask her, ask her, ask her." Then Other Friend, who is a girl, comes up saying, "Ask her, ask her, ask her." He just looks at me. Friend and Other Friend keep saying, "Ask her," to him.
 I started to laugh at the sight because Friend is shorter than Boyfriend, and Other Friend is shorter that Friend. I lie in between Friend and Other Friend. It was funny to see a six foot guy, who is an athlete, being held there by a small girl and a shorter-than-him guy.
 Eventually, I walked away, leaving the odd group to themselves. I saw them walk away, and since this all took place at the school dance, I started to dance with a different group of friends.
 A few minutes later, I saw Current Boyfriend, Friend, and Other Friend walking back over to me. The same thing happened as before, only this time, Current Boyfriend said something to me. He said, "I don't want to ask you out because I don't want it to ruin our friendship," which, though was incredibly sweet, was not what I wanted to hear. This time Other Friend stayed with me as Friend and Current Boyfriend walked away yet again.
 I said to Other Friend, "This is getting really old, really fast. Come with me," and I dragged her over to Friend and Current Boyfriend. Current Boyfriend's friend was standing with them at this point. I walked up to him and said with a smile on my face, "Hey, want to go out with me?" Boyfriend's friend was saying how Boyfriend had to say yes and that I was now automatically his friend as well. Other Friend says, "No! You have to ask HER!"
 So Boyfriend goes, "Maeve, will you go out with me?"
 Of course I said yes, and then we hugged.
 One of my friends standing in a different group had witnessed this and was waving me over to talk to her.
 But Other Friend told me that after I left, Boyfriend was saying, "I can't believe I just did that. Oh my God. I can't believe it. Wait, where is my girlfriend?!"
 And that is how I got asked out for the first time face to face.

If you want to read this blog again, I will be posting weekly!

10 comments:

  1. hey maeve, i was there and u left out alot about wat happened that night....like me and i think u should blog about ur fav daughter...yup :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol cassie8. this post was just about him asking me out.... DUH!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wel uk wat maeve, i think u should make another blog bout everything that happened

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, you can post first names, and no one will know who the people are ~ except the people who already know, of course. But it's a stylistic choice. Or not. I used to be very careful about names. Now I just hold back on last names, and all is well.

    Very nice blog, very quickly done! Impressed, I am.

    And your first post is a short story ~ cool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, that's my dad. Why, who did you think it was??? LOL

    ReplyDelete